Thursday, June 20, 2019

XVII


This is Andrew, Block Bikes shop rider, Lancaster local, and a young guy who likes to have fun on wheels, and sometimes off wheels.  I met him when Rich Bartlett, the Block Bikes owner, took me along up to Woodward West about a month ago.  Andrew came with us, to session all the good stuff at Woodward for a long evening.  Rich and I didn't know it, but Andrew was on a mission that night, he wanted to land a solid backflip into the foam pit.  It was buggin' him, it was stressin' him out.  His first one got kinda stuck upside down and didn't go well.  But he got it together, took a deep breath, and hucked one all the way around.  Progression.  In the last minutes of the session that night, Andrew got his flips pretty solid into the pit, and the stoke was evident.  Mission accomplished.

In this edit, which he shot himself,with a couple added camera people (I shot the flip), and thought out and edited, Andrew tries out a bunch of fun things.  He sessions the trampoline, a scooter, his BMX bike, a quad ATV, a motorcycle, and a side by side.  More than anything, I realized Andrew's having a lot of fun (between the inevitable bails) when he's not here in the shop.

Hey, tomorrow is Friday, the weekend is near.  I hope you have as much fun this weekend as Andrew had in this video.  It may give you an idea of what to spend some time doing the next few days.  I need to keep an eye on this kid, I have a feeling there's more cool videos on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment