Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Club White Bear T-shirt

 My name is Steve Emig, for those who don't know, and I'm the guy doing this blog, and a lot of the social media for Block Bikes Online BMX Store right now.  It's a really long story, but I've been homeless in Richmond, Virginia, for the last several months, before Rich tapped me to help promote Block.  As a way to help me get back on track, I drew a T-shirt design paying homage to my days back in the 1980's BMX freestyle world.  That's me doing a wall ride over my sister's head, a video still from the intro of my 1990 bike video, The Ultimate Weekend (at 1:04).  The proceeds of the shirts will help me get a roof over my head, and start getting back to a normal life.  That will allow me to do much more cool stuff at Block and in BMX in general. If you're an old school rider who remembers me, an 80's freestyler, or if you just like the shirt, you can buy one now at: Block Bikes online BMX store
I'm an old school BMX guy who started riding seriously in a trailer park in Boise, Idaho (43 degrees latitude, really) in 1982.  I raced a bit, then got into freestyle as it was first blowing up.  I was a mediocre rider on the national scene back then, but also made zines, worked at BMX Action and FREESTYLIN' magazines, made videos, and was a sidekick to several key BMX industry people at times.  You can find out WAY more than you ever wanted to know about me in this blog post.   My latest personal blog, a little under 2 years old, is called Steve Emig: The White Bear.  I also do a unique form of artwork with Sharpie markers, I call it #sharpiescribblestyle, and it looks like this: 


No comments:

Post a Comment