Thursday, April 25, 2019

Trey Jones from Shadow Conspiracy's "What could go wrong?"


So here's the deal.  I'm an old guy.  52 in fact.  Ancient.  I was all about BMX freestyle (as we called it then) from about 1982 to about 2003.  I wound up working in the industry, made videos, and stuff like that.  But I've been out of the scene for over 15 years, and out of the industry for over 20.  I watch videos now and then, but there are a whole bunch of riders who've come up that I just don't know about. 

Talking about who to start looking at to get this blog off the ground with Rich (from Block Bikes Online Store), Trey Jones was one of the names he said to check out.  So I found that clip in the last post of Scotty Cranmer and posse goofin' around on Trey's new ramp set-up.  Yeah, that was cool.  But not earth shattering riding.  So I decided to go back and check out Trey's video sections. 

Holy crap!  Trey Jones is NUTS.  And he can ride.  It's not just like, "Hey, how 'bout I try to jump off this four story building, that'll look cool."  This guy's got some skills.  As an old geezer from 80's flatland, I dig the nosewheelies and front wheel G-turn to bank drop.  Oh yeah, AND there's like 43 huge drops, many with gnarly bunnyhops over rails or chains.  High risk stuff.  You young guys know all this.  But here in this section is a reminder of why Trey Jones is one of your favorite riders.  And now one of mine, too.  I'll stop rambling, you watch this clip.  And you guys (and gals) know where to get your Shadow Conspiracy and Subrosa stuff, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment