Friday, May 10, 2019

I'm jumpin' it T-Shirt

For those who don't know, my name's Steve Emig, and I've been blogging since 1985*.  I'm the guy writing most of this blog, an old, HAS BEEN, BMX industry guy who's just come on board here at Block to get all of you to check out the Block Bikes Online BMX Store, and buy a whole bunch of stuff.  But let's face it, you can go to a local bike shop, you can buy bikes and parts online somewhere else.  Why would you want to check us out?

MY job is to give you a "why."  The best way I can think of to do that is to tell you that my grandma is really sick, and she has a tumor the size of a bowling ball in her skull, and has to have a complete head transplant to save her life.  So buy this T-shirt, and 10 or 12 bikes from us, and you can help save grandma's life.

OK, as most of you have figured out, that's a bunch of crap.  But it's the best way I can think of to get you to buy stuff from Block's online store.  The SECOND BEST way to get you to buy stuff, is to just make something really freakin' cool, that you want to buy, and to be the only place you can get it.  With that in mind, Rich, the Block Bikes owner, and me were brainstorming the day before yesterday.  He thought it would be cool to make a Block Bikes T-shirt, and we got to talking about all the cool "logo bite" T-shirts that small BMX and skateboard companies made back in the 90's.  So I came up with some ideas, and started drawing this one.  Rich took my initial work, funneled into the ol' computer, and this is what popped out.

Yeah, I came up with the design, and I'm the guy blogging to promote this shirt, and trying to make you want one.  So you don't have to believe me.  But every time I look at this T-shirt design, I just start laughing.  Honestly, I don't care if you buy this shirt.  I want to design another one you will buy, and buy a whole bunch of these (Hey, I get an employee discount, right?), so I can wear them for the next ten years.  Not like completely for the next ten years.  I mean, I'd take one off every five or six days, and put another one on, and wash the old one.  I'm not that much of a slob. 

But we're a an online shop (and a real one, too), we sell stuff, that's kind of the idea, so you can buy one right now if you want.  Click the link below, fork over $20 (+shipping), and one of these puppies is yours...













*Congratulations, you're the one person in 100 who thought, "Hey, there wasn't an internet in 1985."  That's when I put out my first zine (pronounced "zeen"), which is a small, self-published booklet.  That's what bloggers did before blogs existed.  You don't get a free shirt or anything, but you can go through the rest of the day knowing you're smarter than most of the clowns who read this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment